13 May Why Catholicism is of Not of God
According to Vatican figures, there are approximately 1.2 billion Catholics around the world. That is about 16% of the world’s population. More than 40% of them live in Latin America. However most of the doctrine of Catholicism is contrary to the Bible. We will go to into detail why this religion is not of God but a false religion.
1. False Teachings of Virgin Mary
- Catholicism – Mary was conceived without sin, thus making her equal to Jesus Christ, who is God.
- Bible – Mary’s biological father was Heli, proving she was conceived naturally thus having the original sin (Luke 3:23). She acknowledge God as her savior and she sees herself as his servant (Luke 1:47-48)
- Catholicism – Mary remained a virgin after the birth of Jesus Christ
- Bible – Mary had other children (Matthew 13:55-56, Mark 3:31-32)
- Catholicism – Mary’s body and soul was taken to Heaven in glory
- Bible – There is nothing in Bible that states how she died or was taken to Heaven.
- Catholicism – Mary is the Queen of Heaven
- Bible – The Queen of Heaven is a female demonic deity of Babylon called Astarte (Jeremiah 44:15-25)
So every time Catholics are praying to Mary, calling her the Queen of Heaven, they are actually praying to Astarte. This is why the Vatican City is called the Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots (Revelation 17).
- Catholicism – Creating statues and worshiping statues is not idolatry but veneration.
- Bible – Creating statues and worshiping statues is idolatry. (Exodus 20:4-5, Leviticus 26:1, Deuteronomy 4:15-19).
Whenever a person commits idolatry with an object, they are actually worshiping a devil (1 Corinthians 10:14-22). This is why idolatry is forbidden and God becomes jealous due to this act.
3. Mary, Priests, & Saints Being Mediators
- Catholicism – Praying to Mary and Saints as they are mediators for God. Catholics confess their sins to priests and believe they are mediators as well
- Bible – For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. – 1 Timothy 2:5-6
- Catholicism – A place or state of punishment the souls of those who die in God’s grace may make satisfaction for past sins and so become fit for heaven
- Bible – Does not exist. There is only Hell & Lake of Fire and Heaven (Daniel 12:2, Matthew 25:46, John 5:29, Revelation 20:15)
5. One True Church
- Catholicism – They are the true church
- Bible – Church is not a specific organization or denomination but followers of Christ as a whole, which is the bride of Christ and the body of Christ (Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 5:22-32)
- Catholicism – Pope is the head of the church
- Bible – Christ is the head of the church (Ephesians 5:23, 1 Corinthians 11:3)
- Catholicism – Papal Infallibility which means the pope is incapable of being wrong
- Bible – For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God – Romans 3:23
- Catholicism – Calls Pope Holy Father
- Bible – And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. – Matthew 23:9
- Catholicism – Pope also known as supreme pontiff or Pontifex Maximus which means the ultimate bridge builder between mankind and God
- Bible – Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. – John 14:6
- Catholicism – Pope and priests has authority to forgive sins on behalf of God including abortion
- Bible – No one can forgive sins on behalf of God except Jesus Christ because he is God (Mark 2:5, Luke 7:48, 1 John 2:12, 1 John 1:9, Isaiah 43:25, Acts 2:38)
If you are reading this and you’re a Catholic, please read the Bible and pray to God to reassure you that what is written in this article is true. If God reassures you that it is true, then denounce this false religion and turn to God. For it is written, Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. – Isaiah 55:6.