09 Jan Generational Curse
What is a generational curse?
A generational curse is misfortune event that happen through generations of a family may it be 30-300 years. Common curses are diseases such as cancer. There are also complicated ones such as dying at a certain age or getting pregnant as an early age. Many people are going through this type of curse but think it is a normal part of life. Even doctors ask for past family health issues to determine if you have any possibility that the curse might affect you. This type of spiritual attack is the most serious one because it makes this demon legally bind to you and your family.
There are various reasons why generation curses happen. Most common is when your ancestors engaged in idolatry or occultism. The Bible mentions that you may be affected by your ancestors’ sins. He graciously loves thousands, and forgives iniquity, transgression, and sin. But he does not leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of the ancestors on their children, and on their children’s children to the third and fourth generation.” – Exodus 34:7. Not only does the sin is being passed down by generation but also the demon who is put the curse in affect in order for you to go through the same your family has been going through for decades or even centuries. Our ancestors sinned and are no more, and we bear their punishment. – Lamentations 5:7.
If you’re struggling with the same health issues, habits, or situations as your parents or grandparents, you have generational curse. For example if you ever suffer from depression and had a long history depression through the family, there’s a generation curse behind that. It is not normal for generations of family to have the same disease or misfortune.
How do I break a generational curse?
- Fully surrender Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
- Confess your sins and the sins of your ancestors or parents. “But if they will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors–their unfaithfulness and their hostility toward me, Leviticus 26:40
- Forgive your ancestors or parents for their sins. “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:25
- Decree and declare that the demon behind this curse has no legal hold of you anymore
- Build an altar of God.
- If this curse is too strong for prayer, seek a man of God to deliver you