12 Mar The Two Adams: The First and Last
There are parallels between the Adam and Jesus Christ. This is why they are called the two Adams. Adam is the 1st Adam, and Jesus is the 2nd Adam. We will list how they are paralleled to each other.
- The 1st Adam broken a covenant with God (Hosea 6:7).
- The Last Adam established a new covenant with God by dying for our sins (John 19:30).
- The 1st Adam surrendered to temptation in a garden (Genesis 3:1-6).
- The Last Adam conquered temptation in a garden (Matthew 26:36-39, Luke Luke 22:40-44).
- The 1st Adam was a man who wanted to be God (Genesis 3:5-6).
- The Last Adam was God who became a man (John 1:14, Revelation 1:8)
- The 1st Adam tasted death from a tree (Genesis 2:17).
- The Last Adam tasted death on a tree (Luke 23:46).
5. The Face of God
- The 1st Adam hid from the face of God (Genesis 3:8).
- God hid his face from the Last Adam (Matthew 27:46).
- The 1st Adam gave dominion to Satan (Genesis 3:17, John 16:11).
- The Last Adam gave dominion to the church over Satan (Matthew 16:19, Luke 10:19, Revelation 12:11).
7. Mortality & Immortality
- The 1st Adam was a man who was immortal and then became mortal (Genesis 3:22-23).
- The Last Adam was God who was mortal and then became immortal (John 10:18, Mark 16:19, Acts 7:56).
- The 1st Adam gained his bride when God opened his side (Genesis 2:21-24).
- The Last Adam gained his bride when a man opened his side (John 19:34-35, 2 Corinthians 11:2).
- The 1st Adam was a man brought forth by God (Genesis 2:7).
- The Last Adam was God who brought forth by a human being (Matthew 1:18).
- The 1st Adam brought a curse (Genesis 3:17).
- The Last Adam became a curse Galatians 3:13).
11. Thorns & Thistles
- The 1st Adam brought thorns to the world (Genesis 3:17).
- The world made the Last Adam wear a crown of thorns (Matthew 27:29).
- The 1st Adam blamed his wife (Genesis 3:12).
- The Last Adam took the blame for his wife (Ephesians 5:25).
- The 1st Adam was naked and then covered due to his own sin (Genesis 3:21).
- The Last Adam was clothed and then stripped due to bearing other sins (Matthew 27:28-31, 1 John 3:5).
14. Spiritual Battle
- The 1st Adam was completely defeated outside of a garden (Genesis 3:23).
- The Last Adam was completely victorious outside of a garden (John 19:41).
15. Woman & Life
- A woman lead the 1st Adam to his death on Earth (Genesis 3:2-19).
- A woman brought the Last Adam life on Earth (Matthew 1:18).
16. Relationship with God
- With the 1st Adam, mankind was separated from God (Genesis 3:23).
- With the Last Adam, mankind is united with God (Ephesians 1:5).
17. Death & Life
- With the 1st Adam, mankind was destined to death (Romans 5:17).
- With the Last Adam, anybody who believe in him will receive eternal life (John 5:24).
- The 1st Adam listened to his wife (Genesis 3:17).
- The wife of the Last Adam listens to him (John 10:14-16, Ephesians 5:25).
19. Tested by Satan
- The 1st Adam was tested by Satan and failed (Genesis 3:1-6).
- The Last Adam was tested by Satan and passed (Matthew 4:1-11).
- The 1st Adam’s disobedience caused him death (Genesis 3:2-19).
- The Last Adam was obedient to God unto death (Philippians 2:8).
21. Lead By Women
- A woman lead the 1st Adam to disobey God (Genesis 3:2-19).
- A woman lead the Last Adam to glorify God through a miracle (John 2:3-10).
- The 1st Adam brought the world destruction (Genesis 3:17).
- The Last Adam will bring restoration to the world (Revelation 22:3-5).
23. Tree Curse
- The 1st Adam was cursed by a tree (Genesis 3:2-19).
- The Last Adam cursed a tree (Mark 11:21).
24. Knowledge of Satan
- The 1st Adam knew nothing about Satan (Genesis 3:6).
- The Last Adam knew everything about Satan (Luke 10:18, John 14:30).
25. Natural & Spiritual
- The 1st Adam was carnally minded (Romans 8:6).
- The Last Adam was spiritually minded (1 Corinthians 2:15).
- The 1st Adam was taught by God (Genesis 2:15-17).
- The Last Adam was God who taught men (Matthew 7:29).
- The 1st Adam’s body was decomposed (Genesis 3:19)
- The Last Adam’s body was never decomposed (John 20:27, Acts 2:24).
28. Becoming One
- The 1st Adam became one with his wife naturally to produce fruit (Genesis 4:1).
- The Last Adam became one with his wife spiritually to produce fruit (John 15:4, 1 Corinthians 6:15).
- Through the 1st Adam mankind received condemnation (Romans 5:18).
- Through the Last Adam, mankind received justification (Romans 8:1, Romans 3:24, Romans 5:18).
- The 1st Adam was made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26).
- The Last Adam is the exact image of the Father in Heaven (John 14:9).