10 May Who is the False Prophet?
The False Prophet is a man mentioned in the Book of Revelation as a beast with horns like a lamb but spoke as a dragon (Revelation 13:11). This imagery symbolizes that this man is a leader of a false Christ-like religion. This man will deceive the people on Earth by fake signs and wonders in the presence of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:13). He will also create a living image of the Antichrist thus forcing everyone to worship it (Revelation 13:15). He is part of the demonic trinity; the Devil, the Antichrist and the False Prophet.
Role of False Prophet
The role of the false prophet is to mislead people into turning away from God and his righteousness. One way false prophets can do this is by performing signs and wonders with sorcery (Deuteronomy 13:1-3, Acts 13:6-12). Another way is by saying what is pleasing to the ears (Jeremiah 28:1-17, 2 Timothy 4:3, Revelation 2:19-22).
Identity of the False Prophet
The false prophet who will be working with the Antichrist is the Pope. Here are the reasons why the Pope is to be the false prophet:
- Revealed in our previous article, Who is the Antichrist?, Mystery Babylon is no other than the Vatican City
- Catholic religion is a false Christ-like religion that involves idolatry and heresies.
- The Pope is the most powerful man in the world along the most powerful religious leader in the world
- Malachy’s Porphecy Pope List
- The current pope has made some questionable statements such as being homosexual is not a sin, and people can go to Heaven without believing in God
As Christians let us continue to pray that we are worthy to escape the 7 year tribulation (Luke 21:36).