22 Feb Why Jesus Christ is the Messiah
There are many debates between Christians or Messianic Jews, and Orthodox Jews on whether Jesus Christ is the Messiah. The Bible made it clear that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. We will list the top reasons why.
1. Jesus Christ Fulfilled Prophecies
Major Prophecies Jesus Christ had fulfilled
- Born of A Virgin (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:27 )
- Descendant of King David (Isaiah 11:1, Zechariah 13:1, 1 Chronicles 17:12, Matthew 1:1-18, Matthew 1:17, Luke 3:23:38, Revelation 5:5)
- From Bethlehem, Tribe of Judah (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1)
- Lion of Judah (Genesis 49:10, Zechariah 10:4, Micah 5:2, Matthew 1:3, Revelation 5:5)
- Nations Will be Blessed Through Abraham (Genesis 18:18, Isaiah 49:12, Matthew 1:2, Galatians 3:7-9)
- Messiah Will Set Captives Free Spiritually thus Crushing the Serpent’s Head (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 61:1, Zechariah 9:11, Luke 4:18, Matthew 12:40, Matthew 8:29-32, Matthew 27:51-53, Mark 1:39, Romans 6:16, Revelation 12:11)
- Messiah Will be the Passover Lamb Who Will Be Slaughtered by High Priests (2 Chronicles 35:11, Isaiah 53:7, Jeremiah 11:19, Matthew 12:14, John 1:36, John 19:14-15).
- New Covenant [Bride of Christ] With God Through Receiving the Holy Spirit By the Shedding of His Blood (Exodus 24:8, Jeremiah 31:33, Isaiah 28:18, Isaiah 59:21, Hosea 6:2, Zechariah 12:10, Matthew 26:28, John 14:26, John 19:34, Hebrews 8:13, Galatians 5:16, 1 John 5:6, Genesis 2:21-24, Revelation 22:17)
- Messiah Will Get Beaten & Die To Heal Us of Our Sins (Secret Message in Adam Genealogy, Hosea 6:1, Isaiah 53:4-10, Zechariah 3:8-9, Psalm 22, Luke 22:63, Romans 5:8)
- Messiah Will Be Humiliated & His Clothes are Being Divided Among Men (Psalm 22:7-18, Isaiah 50:6, Psalm 69:21, John 19:23-24, Luke 22:63)
- Messiah Will Cry Out to God Before Going to the center of the Earth for 3 Days even though He Was Sinless (Jonah 2:2, Isaiah 53:9, Matthew 12:40, Matthew 27:46, Luke 9:22)
- Messiah Will be Called King from the House of David Riding On A Donkey (Psalm 2:4-6, 1 Kings 1:43-45, Zechariah 9:9, Mark 11:7-10)
- Messiah Will be the Light of the Nations (Isaiah 42:6, Isaiah 49:6, Micah 5:4, Luke 2:28-32, Ephesians 3:6)
- Messiah Would be a Stranger to His Own People (Genesis 42:8, Psalm 69:8, John 1:10)
- Messiah Will Be Like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15, John 5:46)
- Messiah Will Come After Rebuilt of Jerusalem and Before the Roman Empire destroy temple of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26)
- Messiah Will Be A Servant Called Branch or Nazarene who will be Highly Exalted (Zechariah 3:8, Isaiah 52:13, Matthew 2:23, Philippians 2:6-9)
- Messiah Will Be the Rejected stone that becomes the Cornerstone (Psalm 118:22, Mark 12:10-12, Acts 4:11, Isaiah 28:16-18)
2. No Other Man Fulfilled Prophecies
No other Jewish man have fulfilled these prophecies. Out of 15 Jewish messiah claimants, Jesus Christ is the only one who fulfilled most prophecies from the Old Testament. He is also the only one who made a global impact. Today there are over 2 million Christians worldwide.
3. Jesus Christ is God in the Flesh
4. Sign of Jonah
Jesus Christ stated, “This is a wicked generation. It asks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites, so also will the Son of Man be to this generation.” – Luke 11:29-30. In the story of Jonah, a prophet warned a city called Nineveh on the first day he arrived to repent or it will be overturned in 40 days (Jonah 3:4).
Like Jonah, Jesus Christ begins his ministry preaching about repentance (Matthew 4:17). Unlike Nineveh, Israel rejected Jesus Christ and crucified him. Jesus Christ was crucified at around 30 AD. Forty years later the Roman Empire destroyed the temple 70 AD. Why 40? Forty is the number of judgement and probation according to biblical number patterns.
5. Parallels Pointing to Jesus
- Parallels Between Jesus & the Angel of the Lord
- Parallels Between Jesus & David
- Parallels Between Jesus & Elijah
- Parallels Between Jesus & Job
- Parallels Between Jesus & Abel
- Parallels Between Jesus & Melchizedek
- Parallels between Noah & Jesus
- Parallels between Samson & Jesus
- Parallels between Moses and Jesus
- Why the story of Joseph is so important
- The Two Adams: The First and Last
- The Book of Ruth: More Than A Love Story
6. Demons Recognized Him
Demons knew right away that Jesus Christ was the son of God. This is why a legion of demons begged him not to be cast out to Hell (Luke 8:30-31). This is also why Satan tempted him (Matthew 4:1-11).
7. Secret Messages in Genealogy
What about the prophecies Jesus Christ have not fulfilled?
The remainder of prophecies such as world peace and universal knowledge of God are for the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ in the millennial reign (Revelation 20:2-6).
Still have doubts? Just pray to God to reveal to you who is the Messiah and he will reveal it to you.